Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola is a university school that forms part of the University of the Basque Country - UPV/EHU. It offers postgraduate degree courses in a context characterised by interpersonal commitment and total immersion in film.
EQZE is the perfect place for those wishing to explore film and new professions from both an experienced-based and intellectual perspective. As a centre of cinematographic ideas and innovation, it is vital that all those participating in the project be fully committed and engaged, with a mature outlook. The profile of both the faculty and the student body is international.
The Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola syllabus is designed for students with or in the process of earning a university degree (undergraduate degree), or those who have graduated from film school. Under exceptional circumstances, the school will consider accepting candidates who, while not meeting the aforementioned criteria, can nevertheless provide proof of sufficient experience in the world of film.
2024-2025 Academic Year
The admission period will begin on February 1 and will conclude on the 29th.
2022-2023 Academic Year
Applications can only be submitted by completing the form available on this page. The platform will be activated the same day the period starts.
To apply for a place at the school, please proceed as follows:
1. In addition to providing all their personal and academic details, candidates should indicate which specialist course they wish to apply for, in order of preference. The Admissions Board will take this information into account, but reserves the right to invite candidates to join a specialist course that may not coincide with their first choice.
2. Candidates should submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Brief biography (see examples).
- Motivational letter.
- Curriculum vitae and/or portfolio. In the case of audiovisual files, the accepted format for reception is the link.
- A brief report outlining the project they wish to develop during the course. All formats and project types are admissible (see projects developed in EQZE).
- Degree certificate and/or academic transcripts.
It is recommended to check that the files or links included in the documentation are correct.
Candidates may also submit any other materials they deem relevant. Letters of recommendation are not accepted.
The documentation can be provided in Basque, Spanish or English.
The intake for each specialist course is limited to 15 students.
2023-2024 Academic Year
The applications received during the application period will be assessed by the Admissions Committee and the school's Academic Board.
Following an initial assessment of applications, candidates may be called for an interview (either face-to-face or online).
The school will inform candidates of the status of their application. There are three possible alternatives: accepted, waiting List and rejected. Candidates will be notified of Admissions Board's decision during the first week of June.
Candidates assigned to the waiting list must confirm their wish to remain on said list. It is possible that the status of their application may not be resolved until the end of August, once the selection process has been definitively completed.
EQZE reserves the right to notify applicants of the status of their application at any moment during the process. All communications shall be carried out using the email provided on the application form.
Depending on the development of the process, EQZE could extend the admission period.
2023-2024 Academic Year
Once admitted onto the course, successful candidates will have five days to confirm their acceptance of the place being offered.
After accepting their place, they must then submit the following documents within the space of 10 days:
1. Students from countries outside the European Higher Education Area whose degrees are not officially recognised in Spain must complete and sign the UPV/EHU's E-5 form and submit it alongside a scanned copy of their degree certificate and academic transcripts.
2. Students who do not have a university degree must complete and sign the UPV/EHU’s Form II, and submit it alongside proof of those qualifications providing access to a university degree (Baccalaureate certificate, for example). They must also provide proof of their professional experience (including their social security records).
3. Certified copy of the qualification providing access to EQZE.
All documents must be translated into Spanish (except those originally in French, English, Italian or Portuguese).
Students will be sent all the information they will need to formalise their enrolment, including payment methods and deadlines.
Admission to EQZE will only become effective once the established deposit has been paid (20% of the tuition fee) within the stated deadline and the aforementioned documents have been duly submitted. In the event that any of the selected candidates withdraws from the program after paying the reservation fee, he/she will not be able to recover the amount paid.
Formalisation of enrolment implies acceptance of the syllabus.
2023-2024 Academic Year
The Gipuzkoa Provincial Council, the Ibermedia Latin American Scholarship Fund and the Paradiso Project will be awarding a series of specific scholarships to enable students to attend one of the postgraduate courses run by Elías Querejeta Film School in 2023-2024.
1. Izango zara scholarship: The Gipuzkoa Provincial Council's Department of Culture will be awarding three €2,500 scholarships. In order to access these scholarships, it will be an indispensable requirement to prove administrative residence in any of the municipalities that make up the Historical Territory of Gipuzkoa for a minimum period of five years, within the last ten years. Persons under 31 years of age may apply for these scholarships.
2. Ibermedia scholarship: The Ibermedia Latin American Scholarship Fund will be awarding twelve scholarships, each to the value of $3,333, to selected candidates who are accepted onto one of the EQZE’s courses from any of the 23 countries that form part of the programme: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Guatemala, Honduras, Italy (as a guest country), Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela.
3. Paradiso scholarships: The Paradiso Project, established up by the Olga Rabinovich Institute, will provide one Brazilian student with a scholarship for attending the Film Curating Studies course at EQZE. The scholarship provides 10,000 Brazilian reais to cover travel expenses.
Candidates can only apply for these scholarships once they have been admitted onto their chosen course
These scholarships can only be applied for after admission to EQZE and payment of the reservation fee.
2023-2024 Academic Year
The tuition fee is 4,200 euros.
LAST UPDATED: 1/9/2023