ZINE: Film Research Series analyzes Koldo Izagirre's non-animated cinema and compares it with other literary productions of the period, with which it establishes a series of aesthetic and political links. The magazine also features a dossier dedicated to revisiting the complex ideological and cinematographic evolution of Antxon Eceiza, illustrated with a series of unpublished materials from the filmmaker’s own personal archives.
Contents of the issue:
01. Another grammar of disillusionment: the last cinematographic work of Koldo Izagirre (1989-1992) (Beñat Sarasola)
02. Can’t you see? A doubtful journey through the personal archives of Antxon Eceiza
* Introduction (Maialen Beloki Berasategui)
* The psychiatrist who (un)wrote a film (Irati Crespo)
* Dear Antonio: Antzon! Antchon? Antón? (Maialen Beloki Berasategui)
ZINE: Film Research Series is an academic publication edited by Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola (EQZE), the San Sebastián Film Festival and the Basque Film Archive. The aim of the ZINE series is to publish original research which contributes to specialised knowledge in the field of film studies, from any disciplinary approach.
Technical data sheet
Author: Several authors
Editor: Elías Querejeta Zine Eskola, Basque Film Archive, SSIFF
Number of pages: 58